9.06.2012

My First Pub!

Whoo Hoo!!!  I finally got published!  Scrap n' Art Magazine contacted me early last month wanting to use one of my layouts for an article about using mists in the scrapbooking industry.  I can't post the layout on here quite yet, but I do have a link to the article...

http://scrapnart.com/issue/september2012/article/a-fine-mist

 I hope you check it out!

I completed another layout yesterday for Studio Calico's Weekly Challenge...


This week's challenge was to scrap a very recent photo...I took these last Thursday on Avery's first day of preschool...


I normally scrap recent photos because it's easier for me to get the "feel" of how I want to convey a certain story on my page when that story is still fresh in my mind.  I used lots of bits and scraps from my stash for this layout and the Pop Off The Page class kit (which I totally killed on this one!)


The "Shine" piece was cut from my Cameo.  It was also part of the SC class.  I misted it with some Mister Huey's Gold for a little "shine"!


My favorite part of this layout is the tiny stars and sequins I added throughout the "starburst", which I also cut out using my Cameo.


I love this pic of Avery...she was so excited and proud to be starting school!  Now she's my "big" little  girl :)

Happy Thursday!  TFL!


3 comments:

  1. This is amazing all around. I adore it. You are rockin' the layers!
    And a deserved congratulations on the pub.
    ~j

    ReplyDelete
  2. saw this on pinterest day and followed over to your blog

    ReplyDelete